Stuntbox is a little interactive design and strategy shop based in Brooklyn, New York. It’s also the home of veteran creative director, designer, and developer David Sleight.
With over fifteen years’ experience bringing modern, high quality products to life online, David specializes in UX, product strategy, responsive web design, and editorial design. Clients include Birchbox, Bond Art + Science, Juju, Nomad Editions, Novartis, Readability, Signpost, Thomson Reuters, and Qualcomm.
Before launching Stuntbox, he led the interactive design team at BusinessWeek, and helped build some of the very first web-based textbooks at Pearson Education. He is a staff columnist for A List Apart magazine and a member of Readability’s Board of Advisors.
When he’s not pushing pixels or punching code, he can usually be found fiddling with cameras or exploring the wilds of New York (both the urban and rural varieties). Oh, and it’s pronounced “slate.”
Here and Thereabouts
Links to additional writing and speaking.
- The Future Rocked Full video of re:build 2012 conference talk on the past, present, and future of publishing.
- What Ate the Periodical? A Primer for Web Geeks Survey article for A List Apart on publishing business models and possibilities.
- The Big Web Show with Jeffrey Zeldman, No. 66 Podcast interview on the intersection of publishing and tech, magazine apps, why piracy is an opportunity for publishers, and more.
- The Setup: An Interview with David Sleight Brief interview on the tools one uses to get things done.
- Stand and Deliver Some thoughts for A List Apart on preparing and presenting well in project meetings.